<$BlogRSDURL$>

"And the stars are projectors, yeah, projecting our lives down to this planet Earth." - Modest Mouse


4.29.2004

Gravity's Rainbow 

TheModernWorld.com presents a cool illustrated chapter-by-chapter synopsis of Thomas Pynchon's epic novel, Gravity's Rainbow. This is one of those books, along with Joyce's Ulysses, that I swear to myself I will someday read in its entirety. Vastly commented upon and highly influential to many of the writers and thinkers I admire, there are some novels which, sadly, are just too damn difficult to wade through without a steely resolve some serious vacation time (Pynchon has vast chunks of his text in German! Do I just skip these parts and assume that they're ancillary to the main text?)

[Thanks to Easy Bake Coven for the link.]

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?