<$BlogRSDURL$>

"And the stars are projectors, yeah, projecting our lives down to this planet Earth." - Modest Mouse


6.24.2004

Kentucky Fried Dharma 

The Dalai Lama has asked Yum! Brands not to extend their Kentucky Fried Chicken franchise into Tibet.
"It is quite natural for me to support those who are currently protesting the introduction of industrial food practices into Tibet that will perpetuate the suffering of huge numbers of chickens," PETA quotes the Dalai Lama as saying in the letter to KFC.

The Dalai Lama, exiled in the Indian hill town of Dharamsala, said that the cruel treatment endured by chickens who were raised and killed for KFC "violates Tibetan values".
I agree. I eat meat but I steer clear of factory foods and chain grocers. Nasty, chemical-ridden, wasteful and cruel. Of course, I live in Santa Cruz so it's pretty easy to find alternatives.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?