<$BlogRSDURL$>

"And the stars are projectors, yeah, projecting our lives down to this planet Earth." - Modest Mouse


7.21.2004

TEZCATLIPOCA 



Re-reading Morrison's The Invisibles got me thinking about Aztec dieties. Here's one of the prominent one's in Lord Fanny's shamanism. Seems that he still walks the Earth...
TEZCATLIPOCA, (god of Night and Sorcery) "Smoking Mirror" (obsidian), characterized as the most powerful, supreme deity, was associated with the notion of destiny. His cult was particularly identified with royalty, for Tezcatlipoca was the object of the lengthy and reverent prayers in rites of kingship.

The creator God - The God of the Hunt - Patron of Princes - God of Providence. The Lord of the Here and Now - The Enemy on Both Sides. The true invisible god who walked over the heavens and surface of the earth and hell. Where ever this god went wars, anxiety, and trouble were sure to follow. Tezcatlipoca was thought to incite wars against one another and was called Necocyautl, which means "sower of discord on both sides".

Comments:
He also happens to be the mascot of Technoccult (the web site, not the Invisbles "character"). Oddly enough, I never even noticed that Tezcatlipoca was part of Fanni's shaminism. The character was selected as a mascot, actually, because Brenden Simpson used a picture of him as a place holder in a Technoccult re-design and I just happened to like the look of it. Weird coincidence. For the record, I didn't even get the name for Technoccult from the Invisibles. I came up with it on my own, thinking it had a nice "cybergoth" ring to it. Also, the guy who runs disobey.net says he used to publish a zine/newsletter on BBSs back in the late 80s called Technoccult and still uses it as a category name on his blog.
 
Ah, fancy the synchronicity then! How appropriate for our new partnership. :) Re-reading Invisibles is bringing all sorts of stuff into my head and my world. The hypersigil is working! Glad to see its all weaving together nicely.
 
The Projector Pros works directly with the world's top manufacturers to provide you with the best selection of products including projectors, plasmas, TVs, accessories, and more.
 
I just came across your blog about anxiety disorder and
wanted to drop you a note telling you how impressed
I was with the information you have posted here.
I also have a web site about "anxiety disorder
so I know I'm talking about when I say your site is top-notch!
Keep up the great work, you are providing a great resource on the Internet here!

generalized anxiety disorder symptom
 
Good design!
[url=http://gzrmyafc.com/hpfo/kane.html]My homepage[/url] | [url=http://ktwnsjxq.com/grcs/mcxf.html]Cool site[/url]
 
Nice site!
My homepage | Please visit
 
Well done!
http://gzrmyafc.com/hpfo/kane.html | http://dkogcktw.com/uksw/xtxv.html
 
Your readers my enjoy other resources such as ways to pass a drug test and knowing some of the best sites to buy ways to pass a drug test .
 
Where did you find it? Interesting read » » »
 
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?